Concrete is a versatile and durable material used extensively in residential and commercial in Murfreesboro, TN. However, to maintain its integrity and appearance, it is essential to apply a protective sealant. We’ll discuss the importance of concrete sealing, the types of sealants available, and why hiring a professional service like McCoy’s Pressure Washing is crucial for your concrete sealing needs.
Types of Concrete Sealing
Penetrating Sealers: Penetrating sealers are absorbed by the concrete, protecting it from within. They provide excellent protection against water, oil, and other contaminants while allowing the concrete to breathe. However, they are long-lasting and do not alter the appearance of the concrete.
Topical Sealers: Topical sealers create a protective layer on the surface of the concrete. They can add gloss, color, or other aesthetic enhancements while providing a barrier against moisture, stains, and UV rays. However, they may require more frequent reapplication compared to penetrating sealers.
Benefits of Concrete Sealing in Murfreesboro TN
- Protection from moisture damage: Sealing concrete can help prevent moisture from seeping in and causing damage.
- Resistance to stains and chemical spills: Sealed concrete is less porous, making it more resistant to stains and chemical spills.
- Preservation of the concrete’s appearance: Sealing concrete can help maintain its appearance and prevent fading and discoloration.
- Increased durability and lifespan: Sealed concrete is more durable and can last longer than unsealed concrete.
- Easier cleaning and maintenance: Sealed concrete is easier to clean and maintain than unsealed concrete.
Damage That Can Occur from Neglecting Concrete Sealing
- Cracking and chipping: Moisture can cause concrete to crack and chip over time.
- Discoloration and staining: Exposure to the elements and spills can cause discoloration and staining on unsealed concrete.
- Mold and mildew growth: Moisture can create an environment for mold and mildew to grow on unsealed concrete.
- Pitting and spalling: Exposure to the elements can cause pitting and spalling on unsealed concrete.
- Decreased structural integrity: Over time, unsealed concrete can lose its structural integrity and become weaker.
Common Concrete Problems in Murfreesboro TN
- Freeze-thaw damage: Repeated freezing and thawing can cause concrete to crack and deteriorate.
- Efflorescence: Snowy residue can appear on the concrete surface due to moisture and salts.
- Erosion and weathering: Exposure to the elements can cause concrete to erode and weather.
- Scaling: The concrete surface can flake and peel due to exposure to the elements and freeze-thaw cycles.
Make an appointment with one of our Cleaning Specialists and Request a Free Estimate from us Right Away!!
Do I Need a Professional Concrete Sealer for Concrete Sealing in Murfreesboro TN?
While you can attempt DIY concrete sealing in Murfreesboro, TN, hiring a professional concrete sealer is recommended. Professionals have the expertise, proper equipment, and experience to select the right sealer for your specific needs and apply it correctly. Additionally, they save you time and effort, providing peace of mind.
How Can McCoy's Pressure Washing Help You with Concrete Sealing in Murfreesboro TN?
We have a team of professionals who can determine the right sealer for your needs and apply it correctly. Using professional-grade equipment and materials, we ensure a high-quality job. In addition, Our founder is a United States Marine Corps veteran. That means we understand the value of service and dedication to others. You can expect us to:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Perform high-quality work.
- Show up on time and communicate clearly with you.
Get in touch with us to have your property cleaned today!
Get a FREE estimate today!
Concrete Sealing Murfreesboro, TN FAQs
Why should I seal my concrete surface?
Sealing your concrete surface protects it from moisture damage, staining, and wear, prolonging its lifespan and maintaining its appearance.
How often should I seal my concrete surface?
The frequency of sealing your concrete surface depends on the type of sealer used and the amount of traffic and exposure to the elements. Generally, it is recommended to reseal every 2-5 years.
How long does the concrete sealing process take?
The concrete sealing process’s duration depends on the area’s size and the type of sealer used. Typically, a professional service can complete the job within a day or two.
Can I seal my concrete surface myself?
While it is possible to seal your concrete surface yourself, hiring a professional service like McCoy’s Pressure Washing ensures proper application and lasting results and saves you time and effort. Contact McCoy’s Pressure Washing for a free estimate.
How long do you have to stay off concrete after sealing?
It would be best to stay off the sealed concrete for at least 24 hours after the application to allow the sealer to cure properly. Sometimes, the sealer may take up to 72 hours to fully cure.
Is sealing concrete necessary?
Sealing concrete is necessary to protect it from damage, maintain its appearance, and prolong its lifespan.
What are the pros and cons of sealing a concrete driveway?
Sealing a concrete driveway has pros, such as protection from moisture, stains, and chemicals, enhanced appearance, increased durability, and easier maintenance. However, cons include the cost of professional application, the need for regular reapplication, and potential improper application if done DIY.
Are there any concrete sealing services near me?
Yes, there are concrete sealing services available near you. McCoy’s Pressure Washing offers professional concrete sealing services in your area. Contact us to learn more and schedule an appointment.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Listen to what our Happy Customers have said about working with us!
Ready For Service?
Click or call today for a free, no-obligation Estimate. We’ll get you scheduled ASAP, and you can look forward to a cleaner home.
KEEP YOUR CONCRETE LOOK NEW!
Our Other Services